1st and 4th Saturday of each month. Sign up at 9:30a, walk-through at 10am. Match fee $10 for Oil Cap Members, $15 for others.
International Defensive Pistol Assn
Affiliated with IDPA national organization. All eligible to compete, both Oil Capital members and others, are welcome to attend. Eye and ear protection required for all. We shoot on the 1st and 4th Saturday of each month, year round. We shoot the scheduled match unless it is cancelled by conditions extreme enough to be unsafe. Activity participants will be updated by email. If you want on the event BCC notification list please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-in begins at 9:30 AM, with walk-through at 10 AM. Match fee is $10 for Oil Capital members and $15 for others. Pistol Caliber Carbines as well as Carry Optic pistols are now a recognized categories; see IDPA rules. We use electronic on-bay scoring. Event pre-registration on Practiscore is requested. Contact event chair for Practiscore link for individual matches.
For IDPA match rules see https://www.idpa.com/idpa-matches/idpa-match-rules/
While IDPA is a sport, it has strong core influences relating to self-defense handgun skills. Mostly scenario-based stages are shot at our event. Multiple shooting positions, simulated use of cover to engage threat targets, and varying accuracy challenge are part of the game. Stages do not exceed 18 required rounds. Typically we shoot 6 stages in a day’s match.
Oil Capital IDPA recognizes all the standard IDPA divisions, including Pistol Caliber Carbine. Strong side handgun holster is required. See match rules for criteria.
For a beginning IDPA competitor here is your list of required equipment: eye and ear protection, IDPA legal centerfire handgun, 3 magazines (most divisions) and a desire to be safe/learn. Bring 150 rounds ammo. Wait until after your first few matches to shop for more gear.
Due to the ammo and components shortage we have instituted divisions for local matches in .22 LR. Rim Fire Pistol division (RFP) as well as Rim Fire PCC (RFPCC) are now locally recognized division options at the bottom fill circle choices on your Practiscore registration. Can be either primary division or 2nd gun. It includes ONLY .22 LR semi-auto pistols and rifles. Match fee will be $5.
- All stage/string starts will be at low ready, safety off, finger out of TG unless stage begins in IDPA box, on table, etc. If stage starts with the RFP or RFPCC out of the shooters hand, the thumb safety will be engaged, if one is present.
- Max loading per mag is 10 + 1 for pistol. 30 for PCC.
- In most cases draws from a holster will be prohibited; MD will authorize exceptions on case by case basis.
- Additional mags may be carried in any IDPA legal way.
- No silencers permitted.
- RFPCC will be handled on the stage just like a regular PCC. Case and open bolt indicator required.
- At ULSC the pistol or RFPCC will be checked for empty by the SO, not dry fired, then immediately cased or holstered.